About Ekofocus Management Solutions
Ekofocus Management Solutions was founded in 2008 when Gert and Nanette Fourie and Nean van Zyl merged their expertise. They realized that game farmers need help to implement their management plans, thus Gert and Nanette with their ecological background and experience and Nean with his managerial skills and game ranch studies form the back bone of this company.
At Ekofocus Management Solutions we strive to assist the land owner with their valuable property and projects and aim to be the best stewards we can possibly be. This includes an ethic and culture in our company that aims at responsible planning and management of our client’s resources.
We create the opportunity for every farm owner to get his/her farm managed with a specialised team with a high work standard and team work. We search for solutions for every limitation.
What makes us different?
- Our management team consists of specialists – registered ecologists, game breeding specialists, project manager.
- Our management style is unique – our workflow system is unique and effective.
- We work on a pre-planned schedule. All projects and activities are based on our year programs, month programs and weekly programs.
- Our management system works effectively. Our extensive preparation and use of standard operating procedures ensures that the standard is maintained, even if we are not present at all times.
- We have an efficient administration department with years of experience in financial aspects, but also experience in game industry related administration.
- All the directors have their own land and wide-ranging experience in game farming, game breeding and other related topics
- Changed Letlapa Pula breeding project into a cash positive venture by implementing an optimal breeding strategy
- Developed Zwartkloof Private Game Reserve’s fire management plan and changed the reserve into a fire fighting/strategy leader in the area.
- Managed Letlapa Pula finances in such a way to reduce high costs every year.
- Extensive standard operating procedures and policies were prepared for both reserves and may put EMS in one of the top organized reserve management companies in the country.
- A unique working document for managers was created that makes projects, routines, meetings and reports very effective.